Saturday, July 6, 2024

Biden Interview


"I didn't listen to my instincts in terms of preparing." 

Not sure that's a reassuring excuse.

His answers were just as disjointed and self-interrupting as his debate answers. I'm not reassured at all.

Did you watch the debate afterward? Joe, looks up, hesitates, and says, "I don't think I did, no." 

I think you would know, wouldn't you? It was a train wreck. Everyone was talking about it and talking about Biden stepping down. Wouldn't he know if he watched it to see why they were saying those things? A person who was not mentally impaired would.

Have you had a cognitive test? "I have a cognitive test every day with what I do." Would you be willing to have an independent medical examination? "Watch me. Between - there's a lot of time left in this campaign." So the answer is 'no'? "I've already done that." Obviously not. Are you more frail? "No." 

Christ. We can all see that he is.

Elections are not about the past, but about the future. Can you serve effectively for the next four years? "George, I'm the guy that put NATO together. No one thought I could do it. I'm the guy that shot Putin down. No one thought it could happen." Etc., etc. "So, I mean, these, and for example, when I decided - we used to have 40% computer chip, we invented the chip, that little chip, computer chip. (Unintelligible) no cell phone, no weapons. And so, we used to have 40%, and we were down to virtually nothing. So I get in a plane against the advice of everybody, and I fly to South Korea. I convince them to invest in the United States. Billions of dollars." Yada, yada. "I'm just - I don't want to take too much credit." 

Ha.  And that's not the future, is it? It's barely even intelligible.  It sounds like Trump answering a question.

All that takes a toll. Do you have the capacity to do it for another four years? "I wouldn't be running if I didn't think I did."  Are you sure you're being honest with yourself when you say you have the mental and physical capacity to serve another four years? "Yes, I am."

When you look at all the polling, he's ahead, particularly in the battleground states. Many of the Democrats running there are doing better than you are. "Well, that's not unusual. I carried a lot of Democrats last time I ran." 

Wow.

You're behind now in the popular vote. "I don't buy that." Is it worth the risk? "I don't think anybody's more qualified to be president or win this race than me." 

JFC. Again, this could have been a Trump interview.

The heart of your case is that Donald Trump's only out for himself. Putting his personal interests above the national interests. How do you respond to critics who say that by staying in the race you're doing the same thing? "Oh come on. [Laughs] I don't think those critics know what they're talking about." If you can be convinced that you cannot beat Donald Trump, will you stand down? [Laughs] "If the Lord Almighty comes down and tells me that, I might do that." If your allies come to you and say you're gonna lose the House and Senate if you stay in, what will you do? "I'm not gonna answer that question. It's not gonna happen." 

JFC.

Stephanopoulos was good. Never let him skate, skirt, or skip an answer.

Nitpick:  Why is he holding a pen? A suit and tie might have been a good idea.

Shades of Donald Trump, literally.  They bronzed him.



...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments: