Friday, November 24, 2017

Is Al Franken going down?

The Republicans seem to weather all kinds of sexual scandals, but I'm not sure Democrat Al Franken will be able to do the same.
As more women come forward to accuse Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) of unwanted touching and other forms of sexual harassment, the embattled lawmaker issued another statement on Thanksgiving Day apologizing for his behavior and vowing to be “much more careful and sensitive” going forward.

  TPM
May be too late to save your career, Senator.
“I’ve met tens of thousands of people and taken thousands of photographs, often in crowded and chaotic situations,” Franken wrote. “I’m a warm person; I hug people. I’ve learned from recent stories that in some of those encounters, I crossed a line for some women — and I know that any number is too many. Some women have found my greetings or embraces for a hug or photo inappropriate, and I respect their feelings about that.”
They aren't complaining about your hugs, Al. They're complaining about you grabbing their asses.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments: