Thursday, April 26, 2018

Jesus, these people


The Rev. Patrick Conroy wrote in an April 15 letter to Ryan obtained by NBC News: "As you have requested, I hereby offer my resignation as the 60th Chaplain of the United States House of Representatives."

"The position is one which I did not seek nor strive to assume, but I have seen it as a blessing and I have considered it one of the great privileges of my life," Conroy said.

  NBC
Randy may be taking liberties. The speech he refers to in his tweet was November 6. But I would certainly like to know why Ryan asked Conroy to hand in his resignation. After all, Ryan has already decided not to seek re-election.  Why would he care if Conroy was there?  I smell fish.
Rep. Gerry Connolly, D-Va., has started circulating a letter for signatures asking Ryan to explain why he dismissed Conroy (who was nominated as chaplain by John Boehner in 2011). Connolly's office said they hope to have a final letter with signatures Friday to send to Ryan.
He'll just ignore it.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

UPDATE 5/4:

Fr Conroy rescinds his resignation!

No comments: