Saturday, September 22, 2018

On second thought...

It used to always be announced that Trump CAN'T fire Rosenstein.  He has to get Sessions to do it.  But, if he fires Sessions, can he then also fire Rosenstein?  Talk is he's being pressed by the GOP to avoid firing Sesions before the midterms. 

I think it's the midterms they SHOULD be planning around.  And by that, I mean, I don't think they need to worry about obstruction of justice claims around firing Sessions, because I'm pretty sure Mueller already has all the evidence he needs to level that charge anyway. 

It seems to me that Trump could pressure Sesions to fire Rosenstein on these allegations, and if he won't do it, then fire Sessions using this story for cover.  Especially if he gets those texts and emails declassified he threatened and then walked back and they back up any of this shit about a witch hunt.  Lots of cover.

What next?

No comments: