Friday, January 26, 2018

Puffed up poppinjay

President Trump compared arriving at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland to the Academy Awards “but with more photographers.”

  The Hill
The most, I'm told. Some are saying. That's what I heard.
Trump boasted about his administration’s repeal of regulations and the passage of the GOP tax plan in an interview with CNBC’s Joe Kernen Friday, saying the combination of the two efforts means “we have a dynamic country again.”

[...]

“And without me being here and without what we've been doing including regulation, by the way, because I happen to think that regulation is as big as the tax cuts, okay? I think the tax cuts are incredible. But I think the regulations, the cutting of regulations – because the businesses couldn't even – they couldn't do anything. They were totally bound,” he continued.

“The cutting of the regulations was every bit as important as what we did with the tax cuts. I mean, everybody's talking. I just came out and some really wonderful people said, ‘Davos has never been like this,’” Trump said. “This is like walking into the Academy Awards, except we have more photographers.”
"Davos has never been like this."

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

UPDATE 1/28:  I don't know why the word popinjay popped into my head for this post's title; it's not a word I commonly - if ever - use.  But, apparently I've misspelled it.


No comments: