Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Another episode of rats leaving a sinking ship

Earlier this month, Trey Gowdy announced he was stepping down from the Ethics Committee. Now he's saying he won't seek re-election to the House of Representatives.

In a statement posted to his social media accounts, Gowdy said “there is a time to come and a time to go” – adding “this is the right time, for me, to leave politics.”

“I will not be filing for re-election to Congress nor seeking any other political or elected office,” Gowdy said in his statement. “Instead I will be returning to the justice system. Whatever skills I may have are better utilized in a courtroom than in Congress, and I enjoy our justice system more than our political system.
  Fitsnews
Gowdy has served from South Carolina since 2011, chairing the infamous Benghazi committee.

Very interesting.

The rats are abandoning ship.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

UPDATE:


No comments: