Thursday, November 14, 2019

Deny, deny, deny

That's advice from an ex-con I once knew. He added, "Even if they catch you red-handed."
President Trump on Wednesday denied knowledge of a phone call that he allegedly had with U.S. ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland in July about investigations he sought from Ukraine.

“I know nothing about that. First time I’ve heard it,” Trump told reporters in the East Room during a press conference with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan when asked about the call, which was described by a U.S. diplomat in public testimony earlier Wednesday.

“I’ve never heard this. In any event, it’s more secondhand information, but I’ve never heard it,” Trump continued.

  The Hill
Yeah, idiot. None of us has heard it before. But did it happen?
“The only thing that I’ve seen that Sondland said was that – he did speak with me for a brief moment – and I said no quid pro quo under any circumstances,” Trump said during the press conference with the Turkish president.
Perhaps you'll be seeing more of what Sondland said when he testifies publicly next week.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments: