Friday, February 23, 2018

Greitens won't go quietly

Hours after a St. Louis grand jury indicted him for felony invasion of privacy, Missouri Governor Eric Greitens shot back at the city's top prosecutor. "With today's disappointing and misguided political decision, my confidence in our prosecutorial system is shaken, but not broken," Greitens said in a statement released this evening. The governor acknowledged the past affair, but stated, "I did not commit a crime."

[...]

His statement concluded, "I look forward to the legal remedies to reverse this action. This will not for a moment deter me from doing the important work of the great people of Missouri."

[...]

"I know this will be righted soon," Greitens' statement continued. "The people of Missouri deserve better than a reckless liberal prosecutor who uses her office to score political points."

  Riverfront Times

And today...





(Didn't realize Sarah was a fellow Missourian.  Perhaps I could have looked at her profile, which specifically shows her location as St. Louis, or maybe I might have noticed that her Twitter header picture is the St. Louis Arch!)

I wonder, in light of the State GOP statement, will GOP Senator Rowden still carry out this threat:



And, if Rowden calls on his colleagues to take action, will they heed the call? Not likely the Republicans, with that GOP statement, I wouldn't think.

I'm afraid we're in for a long, ugly trial.

And, speaking of Sarah Kendzior...





Not having watched Old Lard Ass' campaign bile, I didn't realize he used "Sympathy for the Devil" in those orgiastic rallies.  What in the name of Sam Hill?  And his Fundamentalist and Evangelical base didn't object?  I remember when that song came out and the enormous stink the Righteous made.

And, btw, I'm very glad I didn't watch his speeches.  Yet, having seen snippets, and just now having read this article where Sarah is referring to his July 29 speech, I am even more appalled that anyone could vote for him.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
[...]
But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game




UPDATE:

No comments: