Tuesday, September 26, 2017

The Stress Must Be Getting to Him

“I wasn’t preoccupied with the NFL. I was ashamed of what was taking place, because to me that was a very important moment,” Trump told reporters during a joint press conference with Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy at the White House.

Trump said the “NFL situation” is “very important” to him.

“I’ve heard that before, about, was I preoccupied? Not at all. I have plenty of time on my hands. All I do is work,” he said. “And to be honest with you, that’s an important function of working. It’s called respect for our country.”

  TPM
He wasn't preoccupied. He has plenty of time on his hands. Somebody find this disgrace something to do.
Trump said he recently visited the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center and saw “so many great young people and their missing legs and their missing arms and they’ve been so badly injured.”

“And they were fighting for our country,” he said. “They were fighting for our flag. They were fighting for our national anthem. And for people to disrespect that by kneeling during the playing of our national anthem I think is disgraceful.”
Recently?  (April 22 - his only visit.)  They weren't fighting for our flag or our national anthem. They were fighting for American hegemony. But at least they thought they were fighting for the right to freedom of expression and speech.  Don't be exploiting them for your own purposes.

He has plenty of time on his hands.

No comments: