Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Marc Short testified to Grand Jury

Marc Short, the former chief of staff to Vice President Mike Pence, appeared before a federal grand jury investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, Short confirmed to ABC News.

Short, in an interview Monday night with ABC News' Linsey Davis, said he was subpoenaed by a grand jury and complied with the subpoena, adding he "really can't comment further than that" upon the advice of his legal counsel.

[...]

"I think that having the Capitol ransacked the way that it was, I think did present liability and danger," he told Davis in the interview. "And I think the Secret Service did a phenomenal job that day. I think that the bigger risk and despite the way perhaps it was characterized in the hearings last week, candidly, is that if the mob had gotten closer to the vice president, I do think there would have been a massacre in the Capitol that day."

  ABC

No comments: