Friday, December 29, 2017

Cock-a-doodle-doo-doo

The Most Notable Loser is back on the 2020 campaign trail.
“Another reason that I’m going to win another four years is because newspapers, television, all forms of media will tank if I’m not there because without me, their ratings are going down the tubes,” Mr. Trump said, then invoked one of his preferred insults. “Without me, The New York Times will indeed be not the failing New York Times, but the failed New York Times.”

[...]

“So they basically have to let me win."

  NYT
They have to LET him win? What an interesting way to look at an election.

But, you know what? They earned that.
"And eventually, probably six months before the election, they’ll be loving me because they’re saying, ‘Please, please, don’t lose Donald Trump.’”

[...]

During an impromptu 30-minute interview with The New York Times at his golf club in West Palm Beach, the president did not demand an end to the Russia investigations swirling around his administration, but insisted 16 times that there has been “no collusion” discovered by the inquiry.

[...]

Asked whether he would order the Justice Department to reopen the investiga
tion into Hillary Clinton’s emails, Mr. Trump appeared to remain focused on the Russia investigation. “I have absolute right to do what I want to do with the Justice Department,” [...] “But for purposes of hopefully thinking I’m going to be treated fairly, I’ve stayed uninvolved with this particular matter.”
If you're not counting all the tweets slamming the FBI and calling the investigation a witch hunt.

"For the purposes of thinking [he's] going to be treated fairly." What happens when he thinks he hasn't been?

Then the question of China and North Korea came up.
“Oil is going into North Korea. That wasn’t my deal!” he exclaimed, raising the possibility of aggressive trade actions against China. “If they don’t help us with North Korea, then I do what I’ve always said I want to do.”
Which is what? Pre-emptively nuke North Korea?
Despite saying that when he visited China in November, President Xi Jinping “treated me better than anybody’s ever been treated in the history of China,” Mr. Trump said that “they have to help us much more.”
"Better than anybody’s ever been treated in the history of China." God what a collosal cock.
“We have a nuclear menace out there, which is no good for China,” he said.
On the other hand, China might be able to influence the direction of North Korea's nukes. It can't do anything about nukes in The Most Notable Loser's hands. So which menace is truly no good for China?
No aides were present for the interview, and the president sat alone with a New York Times reporter at a large round table as club members chatted and ate lunch nearby.
I wonder if John Kelly ages another ten years every time Trump goes away without him.
Mr. Trump disputed reports that suggested he does not have a detailed understanding of legislation, saying, “I know the details of taxes better than anybody. Better than the greatest C.P.A. I know the details of health care better than most, better than most.”

Later, he added that he knows more about “the big bills” debated in the Congress “than any president that’s ever been in office.”
A legend in his own mind.

Insufferable twat.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

UPDATE:

No comments: