Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Democratic National Convention - Day 2: "A Bold Vision for America's Future"



It was boring, and the audience wasn't very engaged.  That is until Doug Emhoff and the Obamas spoke.  The roll call was crazy, and the DJ didn't add anything to it, unless it was confusion.  (I may be alone in this assessment.)  Anyway, they put the "party" in the Democratic Party.

The house band was helpful.  Good funk.  That got me through the first two thirds of the night, whose musical entertainment was funk and rap.

Kamala spoke again, but from a packed stadium in Milwaukee where she and Tim Walz were campaigning.


LOLOLOL.  He's having a blast.


That is a packed stadium in Wisconsin watching the DNC in Chicago.


The Second Gentleman turns out to be quite charming, and I can see him and Tim Walz hitting it off immediately.  These two couples should be a great matchup.

My best picks from the night:






"The affirmative action of generational wealth."  "The grace of failing forward."  Who could she be talking about?

Remember when she said, "When they go low, we go high"?  





I am in complete agreement.  She was much better than he.
As Barack Obama said at the start of his own speech, which was supposed to have been the main event of the night, “I don't know about you, but I'm feeling fired up. I am feeling ready to go — even if I am the only person stupid enough to speak after Michelle Obama.”

  Zeteo

Barack did hit Trump a time or two.  I especially appreciated him calling out the incessant whining.


Bernie Sanders spoke.  His speeches aren't a lot of fun, but I'll always love Bernie.  Chuck Schumer spoke and was kinda bizarre.  Time to retire, Chuck.




And the crowd loved it.

Day 3: "A Fight for Our Freedoms" will feature a good lineup: Tim Walz (acceptance speech), Bill Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, and Pete Buttigieg.  

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

UPDATE 08/21/2024:  I love Emhoff's kids.  Check out this video...


Trying to find the one he made for his convention introduction to Doug's speech.  Will post when I do.  



I wonder how he's gonna spin this as fake.

UPDATE 09:44 am:


Tim Walz was right.  He's sad.

And proving Obama's point: he whines constantly.


Because he never focuses on them.  
Trump then argued that crime and the economy should have been a bigger focus for the Democrats speaking at the convention, saying Democrats did not discuss killings in Chicago but “I was mentioned, I think, almost 200 times.”

  The Hill
And you KNOW he was counting. LOL.

Trump is the poster child for people who can dish it out but can't take it.
  


No comments: