Friday, July 23, 2021

Ron Johnson has seen the handwriting on the wall

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) said he may not be the best candidate for the 2022 midterms, ahead of what is expected to be a competitive Senate race in the Badger State.

[...]

Rep. Mike Gallagher (R-Wis.), former Rep. Sean Duffy (R-Wis.), former Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch, and Marine veteran and former Senate candidate Kevin Nicholson have been floated as potential GOP Senate candidates in the case that Johnson does not run.

[...]

"I want to make sure that this U.S. Senate seat is retained in Republican hands," Johnson told conservative talk show host Lisa Boothe on Wednesday.

"You see what the media’s doing to me. I may not be the best candidate. I wouldn’t run if I don’t think I could win if I don’t think I was the best person to be able to win," he continued.

Johnson went on to describe Washington as "incredibly frustrating," citing what he was "dysfunction" within the political scene. The senator also revealed that he did not think his time on Capitol Hill has been "particularly successful," pointing to issues that he campaigned on tackling, including rising debt and abolishing the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare.

The senator has yet to formally announce whether he is running or not.

  The Hill
Like Trump, Johnson knows that if he says he's not running, the money will stop coming in. I'll bet, though, he's not running.  It's the media's fault, of course.  It has nothing to do with the fact that he's a full-blown idiot.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments: