Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Somebody's having a Trumper tantrum

President Trump placed responsibility for recent stock market declines and this week’s General Motors plant closures and layoffs on the Federal Reserve during an interview Tuesday, shirking any personal blame for cracks in the economy and declaring that he is “not even a little bit happy” with his hand-selected central bank chairman.

  WaPo
NOTHING is his fault.
In a wide-ranging and sometimes discordant 20-minute interview with The Washington Post, Trump complained at length about Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome H. “Jay” Powell, whom he nominated earlier this year. When asked about declines on Wall Street and GM’s announcement that it was laying off 15 percent of its workforce, Trump responded by criticizing higher interest rates and other Fed policies, though he insisted that he is not worried about a recession.

“I’m doing deals, and I’m not being accommodated by the Fed,” Trump said. “They’re making a mistake because I have a gut, and my gut tells me more sometimes than anybody else’s brain can ever tell me.”
He's got a very big gut. And a bigger ass.
He added: “So far, I’m not even a little bit happy with my selection of Jay. Not even a little bit. And I’m not blaming anybody, but I’m just telling you I think that the Fed is way off-base with what they’re doing.”
He's not blaming anybody, but he's very unhappy with Jay. It's actually rather astounding that he said he's not happy with his selection. That's getting awfully close to taking some responsibility.
The president added of climate change, “As to whether or not it’s man-made and whether or not the effects that you’re talking about are there, I don’t see it.”

[...]

“One of the problems that a lot of people like myself, we have very high levels of intelligence but we’re not necessarily such believers,” Trump said. “You look at our air and our water, and it’s right now at a record clean.”
And, did I mention, I look like Elvis?
Sitting behind the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office, Trump also threatened to cancel his scheduled meeting with Russian President Vladi­mir Putin at a global summit this week because of Russia’s maritime clash with Ukraine. He said he was awaiting a “full report” from his national security team Tuesday evening about Russia’s capture of three Ukrainian naval ships and their crews in the Black Sea on Sunday.

“That will be very determinative,” Trump said. “Maybe I won’t have the meeting. Maybe I won’t even have the meeting. . . . I don’t like that aggression. I don’t want that aggression at all.”
Because, that's just another part of the world that he's the king of.

He's not going to cancel his meeting with Putin.

Why would he believe his intelligence about Russia and Ukraine when he doesn't believe it about Saudi Arabia and Khashoggi?
“The Mueller investigation is what it is. It just goes on and on and on,” Trump said. When pressed on whether he would commit to letting the probe continue until its conclusion, he stopped short of making an explicit pledge.

“This question has been asked about me now for almost two years,” the president said, at which point counselor Kellyanne Conway chimed in, “A thousand times.”

Trump continued: “And, in the meantime, he’s still there. He wouldn’t have to be, but he’s still there, so I have no intention of doing anything.”

[...]

Trump also called the killing of three U.S. troops in a roadside explosion in Afghanistan this week “very sad.” He said he was continuing the military presence in Afghanistan only because “experts” told him the United States needed to keep fighting there.

The president said he was considering visiting troops in the region soon, perhaps before Christmas.

“At the right time I will,” Trump said of a war-zone visit, which would be his first as president.
LOL. Especially if Mueller hands out indictments in the next few weeks.

 ...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments: