Thursday, October 26, 2017

And so it begins

Saudi Arabia has become the first country to grant citizenship to a robot. The lucky machine is Sophia the Humanoid, who was designed to look like Audrey Hepburn.

  RT
Nice try, but no cigar.



Sophia was created by David Hanson for Hong Kong company Hanson Robotics. Hanson is known for making human-like robots.
For sex, right?
Sophia demonstrated her “expressive face,” showing the audience her angry and sad face. “I want to live and work with humans so I need to express the emotions to understand humans and build trust with people,” Sophia said.

When asked whether robots can be self-aware, Sophia responded. “Well, let me ask you this back, how do you know you are human?”
Point, Sophia.

Is it just me, or is it ironic that the first robot citizen is a female in Saudi Arabia? How's she feeling about that?


She's a little snotty.  I guess that was some man's idea of funny.  But probably not a Saudi Arabian's.

No comments: