Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Liz doesn't give a shit

In its second formal rebuke of Wyoming Republican Liz Cheney, the state party passed a resolution this week to no longer recognize her as a member -- but Cheney, up for reelection in 2022, appears unconcerned.

[...]

The resolution, which is symbolic and doesn't strip Cheney from any tangible power, cleared the Wyoming GOP Central Committee on Saturday by a narrow vote of 31-29.

[...]

The Wyoming Republican Party had already voted in February to formally censure Cheney after she became one of 10 House Republicans to vote to impeach Trump for "incitement of insurrection." In May she was removed from her post as GOP conference chair, and her subsequent rank as the No. 3 Republican in the House stripped -- backlash encouraged by Trump.

[...]

“Political leaders who sit silent in the face of these false and dangerous claims are aiding a former president who is at war with the rule of law and the Constitution," Cheney said in an impassioned speech in New Hampshire last week. "I love my party and its history and its principles. But I love my country more. And I will do all I can to defend her."

  ABC News

No comments: