Saturday, June 19, 2021

RIP James Gandolfini (9/18/61 - 6/19/13)

Gone way too soon.


Sopranos, of  course his most notable performance, but, he was excellent in so many movies in starring roles and as a character actor.

My favorites:

The Drop
12 Angry Men
Welcome to the Rileys
The Mexican
In the Loop
Enough Said
The Taking of Pelham 123
Fallen

And by all accounts, he was a really great guy.
“I’m an actor,” he once told a reporter. “I do a job and I go home. Why are you interested in me? You don’t ask a truck driver about his job.”

[...]

I got to know him a bit as a reporter, and I can testify that what you’ve heard is true. He was a good man.

Gandolfini’s goodness was, I believe, at the heart of the powerful connection he forged with viewers. You could sense the goodness in him, no matter how tortured and tormented his characters were. It was there in those sad eyes and that radiant smile.

  Vulture

No comments: