Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Covid-19 vaccination

I got my first shot today of the Moderna vaccine.  (I actually had the virus in early January, so hopefully, after my second Moderna shot in a month, I will be well and truly protected and won't have to repeat that awful experience.) Since I never go to the doctor unless I'm in great pain, I'm not up on modern medical technology. So as much as the methodology of the vaccine itself, I was impressed with the methodology of the shooting - or jabbing, if you're in the UK. 

Maybe I'm the last to know this, but they have self-healing bandages...


It's a washer-shaped foam bandage about a millimeter thick with a paper-thin rubbery self-healing film on one side.  They stick it on your arm, film side up, and give you the shot through the film.  Any bleeding is absorbed by the foam.  No bloody cotton balls to dispose of in the clinic.  If you have tainted blood, you keep it to yourself.

I bet I'd have been dumbfounded if I had felt good enough the night I spent in the hospital with covid to have realized what all the equipment in my room did.  I did find it pretty exciting that the bed had built-in scales so I didn't have to get up and stand on something.  

Yes, you're right.  I'm very easily entertained.  Especially by technology.

Get your vaccination.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments: