Thursday, November 1, 2018

"I have to be an asshole to be president"

President Trump said in a new interview that his supporters like him more because of his "enemy of the people" rhetoric targeting the media. "It's my only form of fighting back, I couldn't be here if I didn't do that," he told Axios in segment released Thursday when pressed about whether he believes some people might take his anti-media message and turn it into violence.

  The Hill
If it gets people killed, so be it.
"I think I'm doing a service when people write stories about me that are so wrong," he said.

Trump was also asked if people within his administration or family had asked him to use less inflammatory rhetoric, which he denied.

"Not too much," he said. "Hey, I'm here! It got me here."

[...]

The full interview is scheduled to run on HBO on Sunday.
...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments: