Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Fowl Jonestown


Is "euthanized" as euphemism for "slaughtered"?
Mergen told the Star-Tribune a crew of about 15 workers arrived in the early hours of April 9 with carbon dioxide to euthanize the birds.

"They come in with carts, put them all in carts, wheel them up to the end, put a hose in that cart and gas them, then dump them over the edge into a conveyor and convey them up into semis and the semis haul them out," he said.

"I was in there for quite a while and the longer I was there the more disgusted and disappointed I was knowing that I'm not going to see anything put back in my checkbook again, so after a while I just simply left,” he added.

  The Hill
Not a tear for the chickens? Oh, well, they had a lousy life anyway. They're FREE AT LAST!
Mergen said four other egg farms saw chickens euthanized in the state in recent weeks, saying the other four were larger than his. An official at the state Board of Animal Health told the newspaper livestock producers are not required to report euthanizing animals in large numbers.
I wonder where the trucks take them.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments: