Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Pop speaks out - again

[Spurs coach Gregg Popovich] called me up after hearing the president’s remarks explaining why he hadn’t mentioned the four US soldiers killed in an ambush in Niger. Trump said, “President Obama and other presidents, most of them didn’t make calls, a lot of them didn’t make calls. I like to call when it’s appropriate, when I think I’m able to do it.”

[...]

He said, “I want to say something, and please just let me talk, and please make sure this is on the record.”

[...]

“I’ve been amazed and disappointed by so much of what this president had said, and his approach to running this country, which seems to be one of just a never ending divisiveness. But his comments today about those who have lost loved ones in times of war and his lies that previous presidents Obama and Bush never contacted their families are so beyond the pale, I almost don’t have the words.”

  Dave Zirin at The Nation
Not sure why this particular offense gave Pop the most offense, but...continue reading.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.



@EdgeofSports is sports writer Dave Zirin's Twitter handle.


No comments: