Thursday, December 22, 2022

From Twitter to Post

I don't know how I lucked out to already have been approved for a Post social media account, but I believe it's going to be my go-to Twitter replacement if I need one.  A lot of people are moving to Mastodon, which offers any number of servers that interact with each other, so you can choose where to anchor your account, and that seems to be a favored alternative.  I have an account there through the Vivaldi browser - Vivaldi Social.  I don't like Mastodon as well as Post, and it could be because it seems more complex.  Or maybe it's just because the interface looks more like the familiar Twitter site.  I'm using them both on my PC, and not as an app on my phone, so those could be quite different as well.

Mastodon screenshot



Post screenshot


Post is still in developmental/testing stages, so if you're waiting to have your account approved, or you're waiting for improvements, here's the latest on what's happening there and why:











No comments: