Thursday, December 5, 2019

Why is Rudy Giuliani in Ukraine right now?

President Donald Trump's attorney Rudy Giuliani has refused to explain why he has traveled to Ukraine this week, even as House investigators pore over his boss's alleged efforts to extort the government in Kiev to interfere in the 2020 elections.

According to The New York Times, Giuliani traveled to Kiev Wednesday to meet with former Ukrainian prosecutors, including Viktor Shokin, whose 2016 firing sits at the heart of corruption conspiracy theories leveled at 2020 Democratic candidate and former Vice President Joe Biden.

The Times reported that Giuliani's latest trip to Ukraine was part of his work on a new pro-Trump documentary series that will be critical of the impeachment investigation into the president. The series is being produced by the right-wing cable channel One America News.

  Ukraine
In case you've missed it, that's Trump's replacement for Fox News since Fox has quit giving him complete ass cover in its news department.
Speaking with "America This Week" host Eric Bolling on Wednesday, Giuliani accidentally confirmed his presence in Ukraine though refused to say why he was there.

"Well, I can't really describe it...I can't even confirm it," Giuliani said when asked about his purpose in the country.

"All I can tell you is that I am doing today—all day, and all night maybe—what I've been doing for a year and a half. I'm representing my client as a lawyer."

[...]

He later let slip that he was, in fact, in Ukraine. Bolling asked Giuliani whether he was in the country to gather evidence to support claims of innocence, to which the former New York mayor replied, "I am not here to...," before pausing and rewording his response.

"I don't have to defend myself," Giuliani said. "I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't do a darn thing wrong." He described the allegations against him regarding Ukraine as "completely untrue."


Somebody want to check whether that was a one-way ticket Rudy went on?  Or was it a private flight?

From a Stanford speech yesterday by Serhiy Leschenko, who originally advised Zelensky, talking about the corrupt Ukrainian ex-prosecutor general Yuri Lutsenko:




And I have a theory on that.  He was taking out the Italian mafia in New York to make room for the Russian mafia in New York.  And I'd further suggest that some of his information against the Italians came from the Russians.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

UPDATE:




Yeah, who IS paying for all this?  My guess is the Trump campaign.  I hear they're flush to overflowing.

UPDATE:


No comments: