Thursday, December 20, 2012

I Think We KNOW Where He's Been

By now, you've probably seen this:



I would have liked to have heard a little more humility when Jake Tapper of ABC asked the president why he took such a dive on gun violence in his first term. "I was too busy saving the economy" doesn't cut it, because, while the president was busy saving the economy, he managed to find time to sign bills allowing concealed weapons in the national parks and on Amtrak trains. It would have been nice to hear that he is rethinking the decision behind those two abject surrenders, or at least that he's too chastened to brag about them any more. He owes the Brady campaign something of an apology. We will have to see what recommendations come out, how hard the White House will push, and exactly how good this president, at the height of his popularity, is at working the levers.

  Charlie Pierce

Oh, call me jaded, but I think I already know.

He just offered to allow the Bush tax cuts extension to include income of $400,000, up from his long-held public claim of $250,000. He drives a hard bargain.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments: