Wednesday, July 12, 2017

FBI Director Replacement

On Wednesday, [Chris] Wray assured the committee that despite the circumstances of his nomination, he will remain independent from the White House.

“If I am given the honor of leading this agency,” he said. “I will never allow the FBI’s work to be driven by anything other than the facts, the law, and the impartial pursuit of justice. Period.”

Wray went on to emphasize that his only loyalty is to “the Constitution and the rule of law.”

[...]

Later, under questioning from committee chair Chuck Grassley (R-IA), Wray promised “strict independence” and quipped: “Anybody who thinks I will be pulling punches as FBI director sure doesn’t know me very well.”

  TPM
Call me skeptical.

Of course, if you already share the president's views, strict independence is not a problem.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments: