Monday, August 7, 2017

Pence 2020?

Vice President Mike Pence on Sunday forcefully denied a New York Times article suggesting that he is positioning himself to run for president in 2020 if President Donald Trump does not seek re-election.

“Today’s article in the New York Times is disgraceful and offensive to me, my family, and our entire team,” Pence said in a statement.

The New York Times on Sunday reported that “multiple advisers” to the vice president have “intimated to party donors” that he might launch a presidential campaign if Trump does not run again.

The only way Trump is not running in 2020 is if Mueller's investigations nail him before then.
The New York Times article noted Pence has set up a fundraising committee. Called the Great America Committee, it can accept checks of up to $5,000 from individual donors. Pence raised about $1 million at a Washington fundraiser last month, attended by dozens of lawmakers and featuring remarks from White House adviser Ivanka Trump.


White House counselor Kellyanne Conway also dismissed the report and said Pence is readying to run in 2020 “for re-election as vice president.”

“Vice President Pence is a very loyal, very dutiful, but also incredibly effective vice president, and active vice president, with this president,” said Conway on ABC’s “This Week.” ”He is a peer to the president in the West Wing.”

  Jacksonville Times Union
Haha. Kellyanne is setting herself up to be a part of the Pence administration, and obviously realizing the Trump one is doomed, so if she gets fired for saying that, she won't have to wait long to be back in the White House.

 ...but hey, do what you will anyway.

UPDATE:  She is definitely looking to the future:

No comments: