Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Regarding Trump Tweet During Hearing

During the Comey-Rogers hearing yesterday, Representative Nunes called out a Trump Tweet that I did not see on his Twitter account. I still don't see it, but there's a copy of one here.

It turns out that Trump has not one, but (at least) two Twitter accounts.  I don't know whether he posts on them both, or if - as I suppose - some staffer runs the @POTUS one, but I guess I'm going to have to start watching both.  Ugh.  The reason I assume some staff person is in charge of the @POTUS one, is because it seems more official and has more video clips and political postings and less unfiltered brain farts.  For those, it's definitely the @realDonaldTrump one.


His tweet included a 51-second video clip of the hearing, which lasted more than five hours. The video clip shows Comey and Rogers confirming they have no evidence indicating that Russia altered vote tallies on Election Day in swing states like Florida, North Carolina and Ohio.

But vote tallying is only one aspect of the electoral process, and it’s not the only aspect of the campaign that Comey and Rogers talked about.

Comey and Rogers said they believe Russia meddled in the race leading up to Election Day, chiefly by cyber-infiltrating the Democratic National Committee and other political organizations. Contrary to Trump’s tweet, they also said the intelligence community did not assess whether Russia’s actions actually had a measurable impact on the election outcome or public opinion.

Because Trump sent out his tweet before the hearing ended, Rep. Jim Himes, D-Conn., was able to ask Comey and Rogers about it.

"We’ve offered no opinion, have no view, have no information on potential impact because it’s never something that we’ve looked at," Comey said.

  Politifact
P.S.  When Comey responded to Nunes, he said, "I'm sorry, I haven't been following anybody on Twitter while I've been sittin' here."

No comments: