Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Kavanaugh interview

In searching for the pleading that is quoted in the previous post, I came across this pleading transcribing the telephone interview he had with some members of the Judiciary Committee on September 17.

On page 11, Kavanaugh is asked "Did you ever have a sexual encounter with a Holton Arms student?

He answers:  "I do not believe so.  But I'd like to think about that to make sure that I'm being fully accurate.  But I do not believe so as I sit here right now.  I know I -- I know I never had sexual intercourse."

That's a far cry from his vehement denials of attacking Holton Arms student Christine Ford.  A far cry from his denials that he ever did anything untoward or sexual with any woman.  A far cry from his protestations of innocence in his Fox News interview.

UPDATE:

I found two other people tweeting clips of the Kavanaugh pleading without linking.  Grrrrr.  But, I've found it.  Here:  September 25 interview with Senate Judiciary Committee staffers.

No comments: