Monday, June 12, 2017

Ready to Rumble

With not much of a leg to stand on.
“The President never, in form or substance, directed or suggested that Mr. Comey stop investigating anyone, including suggesting that that Mr. Comey ‘let Flynn go,’” Trump’s outside attorney, Mark Kasowitz, said Thursday.

A feisty Trump declined to say Comey lied under oath in a Friday press conference with the president of Romania. But he insisted he did not utter the words Comey said he did.

“There would be nothing wrong if I did say it, according to everybody that I read today, but I did not say that,” Trump said, later adding that he was “100 percent” willing to testify under oath about his conversations with Comey.

  TPM
Reminds me of the defense in a lawsuit I once heard about while working at a law firm in San Francisco. The plaintiff claimed to have been bitten by a neighbor's dog that everyone knew was dangerous. The defense pleading read: 1) My client doesn't own a dog. 2) If my client owns a dog, he didn't know it was dangerous.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments: