Thursday, May 11, 2017

The Real Reason(s)

President Donald Trump on Thursday called James Comey, the FBI chief he fired, a "showboat" and "grandstander" and said in a NBC-TV interview he would have dismissed him even if officials at the Justice Department had not recommended it.

  US News
Like I said earlier, not just the Russia investigation, but Comey himself was getting too much attention.
"He's a showboat. He's a grandstander. The FBI has been in turmoil," Trump told NBC in his first interview since his abrupt firing on Tuesday of Comey, who was leading an investigation into possible Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election and possible collusion between Trump campaign officials and Moscow.

"I was going to fire Comey. My decision," Trump said. "I was going to fire regardless of recommendation."
Does he not understand that makes it seem even worse?

The FBI has not been in turmoil, but the White House has.
Trump again repeated his assertion, contained in the letter firing Comey, that the former FBI head had told Trump on three separate occasions that he was not personally under investigation regarding any possible collusion with Russian officials.

“And I’ve heard that from others,” Trump said.

He went on to detail the occasions when Comey told him he was in the clear.

“I had a dinner with him, he wanted to have dinner because he wanted to stay on,” Trump said. “…And I said, ‘I’ll consider we’ll see what happens’…And at that time he told me, ‘You’re not under investigation,’ which I knew anyway.”

Said Trump: “In one case I asked him…He said: ‘You are not under investigation.’”
  Fox
Hoo boy. Desperation.


...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments: