Friday, May 12, 2017

Fix Your Story, Asshat

Apparently not much thought went into the rationale offered to the public for Comey's firing.
Donald Trump has said he was thinking of “this Russia thing” when he decided James Comey’s fate – contradicting the White House rationale that he fired the FBI director for mishandling the Clinton email investigation.

[...]

Defending that decision in an interview on NBC News on Thursday, Trump said: “And, in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said: ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.’”

  Guardian
Worse than George W. Bush. Who could have imagined such a thing?
Defending that decision in an interview on NBC News on Thursday, Trump said: “And, in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said: ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.’”
And the sick part of that is that you know he's the one who told the VP and Spicer to say he fired Comey on the AG's recommendation.
The president admitted: “I actually asked him, yes. I said, ‘If it’s possible would you let me know, am I under investigation? He said: ‘You are not under investigation.’”
I don't believe for a moment that's how that went down. Remember him saying Elijah Cummings told him he'd be one of the greatest presidents in history?
Matthew Miller, a former spokesman for the Department of Justice, told MSNBC: “It’s completely inappropriate for [Trump] to ask that question … It would also be a violation of DoJ rules for James Comey to answer it.”
...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments: