Thursday, December 1, 2016

Fantastic

Donald Trump has heaped praise on Pakistan [and prime minister Nawaz Sharif, whom Trump hailed as a “terrific guy”], traditionally a troublesome US ally, saying it is a “fantastic country, fantastic place of fantastic people” according to an official statement released by Islamabad.

[...]

The statement by the government’s Press Information Department quoted Trump saying: “As I am talking to you prime minister, I feel I am talking to a person I have known for long. Your country is amazing with tremendous opportunities. Pakistanis are one of the most intelligent people.”

[...]

He said: “Please convey to the Pakistani people that they are amazing and all Pakistanis I have known are exceptional people.”

[...]

It is unlikely to be a verbatim transcript, with some of the phrasing sounding like the style of a Pakistani notetaker, or possibly prime minister Sharif himself, who is regularly teased for his style of English by the Friday Times, a weekly.

  Guardian
Really? You don't think that sounds like Donald Trump? He gets poked at for his style of English, too. Deservedly.
“I am ready and willing to play any role that you want me to play to address and find solutions to the outstanding problems,” Trump was reported as saying.
Okay, that sounds a little too polished.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments: