Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Now Where Are the French-Bashing Jokes...

...when they actually deserve them?





Oh, and this one:
Speaking to Anadolu Agency, [a] mother of two said she was not wearing a burkini that day on Cannes-la-Bocca beach, just a headscarf and a normal dress:

"Someone must have called the police because three policemen headed directly toward us to inform me of the decree [from the mayor of Cannes on burkinis].”

She said police suggested she wear her headscarf as a “bandana”.

"I cannot wear my scarf as a bandana; I want to cover my neck. I do not see how this can bother anyone," Siham told the officers, before being asked to leave the beach.

"They told me clearly: 'You do not want to leave the beach? No? We will write you a fine.’”

  AA English
Last week, Nice became the latest French resort to ban the burkini. Using language similar to the bans imposed earlier at other locations, the city barred clothing that “overtly manifests adherence to a religion at a time when France and places of worship are the target of terrorist attacks”.

  Guardian
No. Not "a" religion. The Muslim religion. You can still wear a habit if you're a nun, and you can always wear cross or Jesus fish jewelry or insignia.  Also, a star of David, kolpik, payot, and tallit.

I heard on the radio (NPR) this morning that the second woman is suing.  I don't know what French law there may be that she might use, or if this is new territory. Hopefully, it will put an end to this disgraceful bullshit.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments: