Saturday, February 13, 2016

Bernie's Civil Rights Bona Fides Under Question

Sanders has frequently talked up his history as an activist while he was at the University of Chicago in the 1960s and touted his work with the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee. But [Democratic Rep. John] Lewis, a civil rights icon and leader of SNCC said he never saw Sanders at any events.

"I never saw him. I never met him," Lewis said. "I was chair of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee for three years, from 1963 to 1966. I was involved with the sit-ins, the Freedom Rides, the March on Washington, the march from Selma to Montgomery and directed (the) voter education project for six years. But I met Hillary Clinton. I met President (Bill) Clinton."

  CNN

Well, to be fair, perhaps Lewis didn't see or actually meet Sanders.  But to say it in a way that makes it appear Sanders is embellishing his participation is shameful.  

And, by the way, where are the Clintons in this picture?


...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments: