Saturday, October 3, 2015

Obama Statement

As evening set in on Thursday Barack Obama addressed the nation, at least the 15th time he has done so in the wake of a mass shooting during his tenure. His exasperation was just as palpable as his grief.

“Somehow this has become routine,” he said. “The reporting is routine. My response here at this podium is routine. The conversation in the aftermath of it. We’ve become numb to this.”

[...]

“I hope and pray that I don’t have to come out again during my tenure as president to offer my condolences … based on my experiences as president I can’t guarantee that, and that’s a terrible thing to say.”

  Guardian
Yeah. How many times has the government had to come out and offer condolences for the routine and numbing regularity of civilian deaths from US bombs in the Middle East?

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments: