Monday, February 23, 2015

Snowden Courage - Have You Got It?



Frankly, no.  I couldn't say the same.  Imprisonment - okay, yes.  It's that "or any other negative outcome" that would stop me.  I wouldn't be very good at being tortured.  I also wouldn't be willing to risk the safety of my children.  Which, having none, is one of the reasons Snowden realized that he had to be the one to do what he did.

We all owe this man a debt we won't likely be called upon to repay in any way that causes us to risk much of anything.

P.S.  If you don't recognize the name Maher Arar (source of the question), he's a Canadian citizen who famously was wrongfully (not to mention illegally) snatched up by the American government and rendered for torture in its compulsive, overzealous and voracious response to the 9/11 attack.

No comments: