Thursday, February 5, 2015

Brian Williams' "Mistaken" Tale

Wherein he goes into minute detail telling his story of being shot down in a helicopter in Iraq - which didn't actually happen.  This is on Letterman.  He has repeated the false story as recently as last Friday in a tribute to a retired soldier.  At that point, a soldier who was actually there called him out on Facebook.**

 
“I made a mistake in recalling the events of 12 years ago,” Williams said. “I want to apologize. I said I was traveling in an aircraft that was hit by RPG fire. I was instead in a following aircraft.”

  RT
“I would not have chosen to make this mistake,” Williams said. “I don’t know what screwed up in my mind that caused me to conflate one aircraft with another.”

  Stars and Stripes
One that got hit, and one you were on....hmmmm...how DID you mix those up?  What "screwed up" in your mind?  Let's guess, shall we?

People like Brian Williams treat war like a big game, and they want to play.  Let me see...who else? Oh, yes.  Captain Codpiece.


(Oh, yes, and Hillary Clinton was under sniper fire in a helicopter in Bosnia, too.  Ironically, Brian Williams covered that phony story.)

It's bad enough Chris Kyle is now America's superhero, but at least he was there in it, and he no doubt had lots of things "screwed up" in his mind.
[ Mike O’Keeffe, who was a door gunner on the damaged Chinook,] said the incident has bothered him since he and others first saw the original report after returning to Kuwait.

“Over the years it faded,” he said, “and then to see it last week it was — I can’t believe he is still telling this false narrative.”
 ...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

** click the picture to enlarge...


The General that Williams mentions is dead, so he won't be able to confirm or deny.


Ah, yes... Brian Williams Memories....









No comments: