Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Best of Luck to Ray McGovern

Ex-CIA analyst Ray McGovern goes on trial today.

Recap:
Former CIA analyst Ray McGovern, who was arrested by New York City police [in October 2014] to prevent him from attending a speech by retired Gen. and ex-CIA Director David Petraeus, told me the day before that he was planning to ask a question during the Q-and-A.

[...]

But the 75-year-old McGovern was blocked from entering the event at the 92nd Street Y, was roughly put under arrest, and was held overnight in jail. He described his ordeal in an interview with RT, saying “I was warned as soon as I got to the ticket-taker, ‘Ray, you’re not welcome here.’”

[...]

He was hauled off to a local precinct and charged with resisting arrest, criminal trespass and disorderly conduct.

[...]

McGovern, who was suffering from a shoulder injury, said he was caused sharp pain by being forcefully handcuffed. “If you’ve seen the footage, you can see me screaming in pain as they try to pin my left wrist around behind my back,” McGovern told RT.

  Robert Parry
Yesterday, Ray penned a letter to General Petraeus. It is both interesting and enlightening. I doubt Petraeus read it. But you can.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments: