Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Consumerism

I was trapped into going along on a week-long buying trip to the Dallas World Trade Center Market. I survived.

And now I need a week of silence. Three buildings of mall-size showrooms, with the largest building having fifteen floors of it. If it can be manufactured and sold, it's at the Dallas Market. One buyer asked me how I liked it, and when I told her that I don't like shopping and I don't like crowds, she said: "My customers always say to me, 'How fun. You get to go shopping for a living.' I tell them, 'Here's what I want you to do: go to your local mall; walk in and out of every store all day long; look at everything; do it for five days in a row; don't stop for lunch; and then bring me back something I'm going to like NEXT year.'"

Yep. Great fun.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments: