Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Ferguson: Notes








As for Michael Brown...
The death of Michael Brown is heartbreaking, and Michelle and I send our deepest condolences to his family and his community at this very difficult time. As Attorney General Holder has indicated, the Department of Justice is investigating the situation along with local officials, and they will continue to direct resources to the case as needed. I know the events of the past few days have prompted strong passions, but as details unfold, I urge everyone in Ferguson, Missouri, and across the country, to remember this young man through reflection and understanding. We should comfort each other and talk with one another in a way that heals, not in a way that wounds.

  White House
"I have to be very careful about not prejudging these events before investigations are completed because ... the DOJ works for me," Obama said, referring to the Justice Department. "When they're conducting an investigation, I've got to make sure that I don't look like I'm putting my thumb on the scales one way or the other."

  LATimes
Sure, sure. That's the right thing to do. And that's exactly what he said when Bradley Manning was arrested.
” We’re a nation of laws. We don’t individually make our own decisions about how the laws operate. … He broke the law.”

  Politico
Oh, yeah. That was it. I must have forgotten.

Big Thumb.


And suspended from duty I should hope.


No comments: