Wednesday, July 10, 2013

If Only

Soon, I will introduce legislation that would repeal the laws that brought us our current “surveillance state”: the Patriot Act and the FISA Amendments Act. My bill would restore the probable cause-based warrant requirement for any surveillance against an American citizen being proposed on the basis of an alleged threat to the nation. And it would, for the first time, provide genuine legal protections for the Thomas Drakes of the world.

If we hope to restore and preserve the republic that Hamilton, Patrick Henry and other Founders risked their lives to create, we must end the industrial-scale surveillance and perpetual war mentality that has been foisted on the American people in the name of “national security.”

  New Jersey Rep. Rush Holt
Anything I’ve ever read about or from Rush Holt has been positive. I think he must be a very lonely man in Congress.  But,  I’m afraid it will take a lot of luck to get done what he’s proposing, and I don’t think we’re that lucky.

Read his full enlightening article. And wish him well.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments: