Thursday, October 4, 2012

New Respect for Stephen Colbert

I see now that I haven't always understood where Stephen Colbert is 'coming from' even though I have always imagined that I did.  Ever since the Bush press club speech, though, I've always recognized him as a man with big brass ones, whatever else I thought I understood. 

He was interviewed on NPR Wednesday before the debate, and I heard a kind, intelligent man who surprised me several times.  There were a couple times I was a little skeptical, but for the most part, I was impressed.  In retrospect, it may have as much to do with who did the interviewing, as I have seen a YouTube clip of an Oprah interview that was pretty lame.  Of course, Oprah was a lame interviewer, as always, so that may need to be taken into consideration.  Anyway...

Check it out here where you can listen to it (recommended) or read the summary.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments: