Thursday, October 4, 2012

Margaret and Helen Watched the Debate

Helen: If lying whenever your mouth moves is what they mean by style points then, yes, I would definitely have to say that Romney won the debate. He had to temporarily become a Democrat to do it, but yes he won. And it was clear that even the President didn’t see that one coming.

[...]

Margaret: Helen, I couldn’t follow either one of them most of the time. They both seemed a little too angry for my liking. The one I felt sorry for was that poor Jim Lehrer. I’ve left the house many a time and forgotten my teeth too.

  Margaret and Helen

Who knows what was happening with Obama, but I'd say it's pretty clear what was happening with Mitt. (I confess, I did listen to a bit of the debate.) He's a businessman. He knows the mark he's speaking to. When he made that comment about 47% of the country being moochers, he was speaking to a group who would appreciate that remark. When he makes crazy right-wing talking points on the campaign trail, he's talking to an audience full of crazy right-wingers. And last night, he was talking to the full country. And he knew his mark.

No comments: