Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Debate

As the debate begins, I'm pretty sure there won't be any surprises tonight, nor anything particularly interesting. So I'm going to leave it for you to watch/listen if you're so inclined. Rmoney gets the last word (after a coin toss) which is probably the best thing he'll get out of the deal.

NPR informed me earlier this evening that they both have a 5-point plan for the economy, and the first four points exactly match. The difference is their 5th point,but I can't even remember what those are now, so I guess I either wasn't impressed, or I figured whoever gets in will be led by the nose by powers over which they have no control (nor any real desire to) and we'll see more of the same thing we've been seeing, regardless of what their points are.

I did, however, listen to the last 15 or 20 minutes of the debate between the two Texans vying for a Senate seat.  Sadler and Cruz.  I can't tell you anything about either of them, but they were going at each other hammer and tongs, pulling no punches, when I tuned in.  The moderator couldn't seem to separate them and was pretty much useless.   The only thing I learned was that Sadler is the Democrat and Cruz is the Republican, and they both insisted the other was a liar after every single statement.  And I have a feeling they were both right.

Pick your poison.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments: