Wednesday, January 18, 2012

As the Saying Goes...

The rich are not like you and me.

And they only try to make you think they are during election season.

Some of them don't quite know how. They think taking off the suit and putting on a pair of faded jeans will do it.


[Mitt Romney] told reporters: "What's the effective rate I've been paying? It's probably closer to the 15% rate than anything."

He said his income came mainly from post-retirement investments. In addition, he said there were speaking engagements: "And then I get speakers' fees from time to time, but not very much." These fees, which he has already disclosed, amounted to $370,000 in the course of one year.

  UK Guardian
Not much at all. Depends on what you have to compare it to.

If he's admitting to 15%, it's probably even lower.

"I got a little bit of income from my book, but I gave that all away," Romney said.
What a guy.

No comments: