Tuesday, November 22, 2011

See You Soon - and Have a Great Thanksgiving Day

Today is a travel day.  Yippee!  Airport security!  I feel so safe carrying my shoes instead of having them on my feet so I could actually run.    And what are the odds anyway?  Ah, life in these United States.  I know, I know.  Everything changed after 9/11.

I'm probably going to unhook the drip this week and just try to enjoy living in the alternate world where everyone has enough to eat and nice cars and the latest smart phones.

I'm very fortunate.  My family are all doing well enough.  Both sons served in the military.  One who served a tour in Iraq is now in school on the GI bill.  (No, that's not a sweet deal.  It's the least we can do to make up for what we send them around the world to do.)  The other is a successful computer programmer for midwestern federal home loan banks.  My mother is still alive and still able to take care of herself on a productive farm, which I assume is still being supported by your tax dollars to a certain extent. (Uh-huh.  Thank you.)  My two lovely and smart sisters are not in the 1%, but definitely comfortable.  Even I am neither hungry nor on the street and actually still do have a job, whether I want one or not.

While my father and brothers all passed at a young age, my brothers' children are relatively okay, and while it's going to be colder where I'm going for the holiday than I like (and probably than prepared for), I've got two sweet granddaughters whom I haven't seen for two years that I'll get to see and hug.  And I can always stay indoors.

In short, I have a lot to be thankful for.  And I am.

I hope you can consider yourself as fortunate, and if you are, that you are also thankful.  I appreciate the fact that you're awake and interested in knowing what's going on in the world that you don't hear much about on TV.

Anyway, whether you prefer the red pill or the blue pill, hear your heart. 

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

And thanks for being.

No comments: