Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Be Very Afraid

Aside from the 91-year-old woman they dragged out of a wheelchair and propped into the Tube of Shame, making her spread her tottering old legs and (try to) raise her hands above her head so the Peeping Tom Security Agent (PTSA) could check her for parts at Houston Hobby, and the constantly running ticker tape at the departure gate in Kansas City International that informed everyone "The Secretary of the DHS has determined airports in Venezuela serving non-stop flights to the US do not maintain and administer effective security measures,"  and the young man who sat next to me from Dallas to KC and was, in his words, "scared shitless,"  nothing approaching terrorism assailed me on my flights.  And the young man was scared shitless due to flying; he never gave a moment's thought to terrorists, so he doesn't count.

The fear we are supposed to feel is from those evil bastards our government designates as terrorists.  Why on earth do I need to know while I'm awaiting a departure flight that the DHS says Venezuela doesn't check their US bound flights?  Hell, they could even be actually sending terrorists on them and it wouldn't make any difference to me waiting to get on a plane for Houston, would it?  The information didn't say what they were doing about the fact that Venezuela isn't up to snuff in the security department.  Just that they aren't.  Thanks for that information, DHS.  Now I can plan my day.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

UPDATE: I'll just get me one of these and I won't have to deal with TSA.

No comments: